WEST-CENTRAL AFRICA DIVISION
IMPACT WEEK OF PRAYER
You are welcome to annual IMPACT WEEK OF PRAYER. This week is also for preparation towards World Church Impact Day coming up on April 18, 2020. The rationale for this is that you need to receive the blessings in this material first before sharing with others because you cannot give what you do not have. The taste of the pudding is in the eating. All hands should be on deck. All departments of the church are to use this week for in-reach and out-reach. Speakers are to be carefully and specially selected. Let us revive our hope in Christ and His second coming once again.
There are grim statistics of evil in our world, people are concerned or even afraid about the future. The purpose of this book we are using for the week of prayer is not about fear but about hope for today, tomorrow, and forever. Through our studies you will discover a God who loves you more than you can ever realize, and this God has an incredible plan for your life.
At the end of this week of prayer, you will have divine insight from the Word of God how this world will end. The end of sickness, sorrow, tears, and death is coming soon, for Jesus promises us a whole new world. Soon He is coming to take you home. May your life be filled with hope. (Mark Finley).
We are suggesting that you use various methods for conducting this week of prayer in order to accommodate all classes of church members and special guests.
1. Traditional method—all members come together in their local church.
2. Small Group—Action Unit, or House Fellowship.
3. Office Group—Two or more members within office proximity.
4. Business Group—Two or more members within business proximity.
5. WhatsApp/Face Book Group—Some church members can connect through WhatsApp/Face Book/Phone to conduct the week of prayer. Share your daily reading experience with someone who you are committed/responsible to.
Reserve some minutes for group discussion on suggested questions following the reading or any related question in line with the topic of the day.
This is more of personal question for meditation than for group discussion. However, the group may decide to reflect on it and learn from one another.
SUGGESTED OBJECTIVES OF EACH GROUP LEADER
- Each group member gets the material—hard or soft copy.
- Each group member reads the material.
- Share testimonies and prayer requests.
- Pray for one another and pray for requests from other sources.
- Encourage each member to donate books for distribution during impact day.
- Encourage each member to participate in the mass distribution of Missionary Book on the IMPACT Day.
- Encourage members to continue to share Missionary Book to their friends, neighbors, work mates e.t.c. after IMPACT Day.
- Write reports and inspiring testimonies about the week of prayer and IMPACT Day.
- Encourage each group member to participate in the exercises.
- Discuss how best to improve on the prayer program and Missionary Book distribution.
- Encourage each participant to be personally prepared and ready for Christ’s second coming.
Each group leader is encouraged to read the entire book The Power of Hope, from where the week of prayer reading was extracted. This will give him/her deeper insight and additional information to share with the group.
Church leaders are praying for you that this week of prayer will bring abundant blessings to all families. There are suggested prayer requests for each day. Solicit for prayers from group members. May God heal all homes that are in distress and sustain those that are flourishing.