The Global Mission Centers:
- Research the culture, beliefs, and practices of specific people groups in order to appropriately contextualize the gospel while remaining faithful to the biblical message.
- Develop context-sensitive materials, methods, and models in order to equip church leaders and members to effectively share the good news.
- Build bridges of understanding with major world religions and philosophies.
- Engage in demographic studies and related research to help world divisions understand their religious landscape.
- Work with pastors, missionaries, volunteers, and Global Mission pioneers as they experiment with approaches, methods, and models suitable for various settings. They seek to establish best practices in mission.
- Offer guidelines to division leaders in their plans to reach unreached people groups within their territories.
- Provide information about a variety of successful outreach methods, materials and field-based models.
- Offer training sessions, seminars, and Internet resources.
- Share field-tested tools, methods, approaches, guidelines, and practical steps for effective outreach in their areas of specialty.